Okay…I am going to type fast and furiously in hopes of getting a Fab ? (mainly because I have no idea how many little fabulous things have been happening in the last couple of weeks) done before I need to get over to school this morning. So let’s do this!
- Gorgeous Weather. Yes, we totally just skipped spring this year in Warsaw and went straight to summer…which is fine by me! Lately we have had more nice days than bad days and we’ve been enjoying the gorgeous weather. Time spent on the patio has been a favorite lately!
2. Hosting Kids from Moscow. So we hosted kids from Moscow who were here for the high school softball tournament. While I was a bit hesitant to host kids that were so much older than my boys – it worked out fine. They were polite and pleasant and funny – and most importantly were nice to my kids. We had a cookout here Friday night with the Graebers (who were also hosting kids from Moscow) and Saturday night Blaine took all of the boys to YeYe’s for Mexican. Sunday morning they flew back to Moscow and life returned to normal.
3. Old Town Visit. Blaine and I took a flying trip to Old Town one morning as we needed to do some shopping. It was a gorgeous morning and with coffee in hand, we found what we were looking for!
4. Lake House Project. The “alternative septic system” is installed and working! Woot! Woot! The inspection has been finalized and the landscaping crew is going to try and finish moving dirt and rocks and putting down grass seed this weekend! YES! Just in time!
5. Caleb’s Band Concert. We had Caleb’s final band concert of the year last week. My little trumpet player has made great progress this year (with very minimal effort…ahem…you know…I don’t think I’ve seen his trumpet at home since 2016) and all of the middle school students put on a great concert.
6. Celebration. Last Friday night we celebrated Mark’s promotion to Lt. Colonel/40th Birthday at Blue Cactus! Definitely a fun evening! Good food and drinks and I managed to escape before the dancing began! (This girl is NOT a dancer!)
7. Family Day. We had a family day on Sunday with a trip to the movies to see “Guardians of the Galaxy 2.” Blaine has been traveling a lot and the boys had been requesting to see this movie – so it was a perfect plan!
8. Lech Wałęsa. The students of ASW were very fortunate this week as the 2nd president of Poland, Lech Wałęsa, came and spoke to them. The discussion was livestreamed and I took the time to watch from home. He was a captivating speaker and you can see why he became so influential in Polish politics. He had so many stories and told jokes and the hour ticked away in what seemed like minutes. I hope the kids know what an incredible opportunity they had with his visit to their school.
9. The Countdown. 20 days. No need to say anything more.
Okay…so it ended up being a Fab 9 today! Not too shabby – since I had no clue what I was actually going to write about!
We’ve got lots on the agenda this weekend with Caleb’s semi-formal, a birthday celebration for Gray, soccer, summer send-off at school, another birthday party, and who knows what else! And whatever you’re up to this weekend – ENJOY!